Windows and Doors

So, this traipsing through Europe for a month requires some restraint in the luggage department!

I thought we did pretty well, but even so, we were toting far more than felt convenient. That meant there was no choice when it came to collecting souvenirs! NO ROOM!

Thankfully, I had a camera so that made up for what I couldn't bring back with me. Just not enough room in my bags for even ONE set of windows and doors! Can you believe it??

But they are what caught my attention everywhere I looked on our recent trip. Some are old; some are ancient! Some are rough and so humble and others are grand and quite opulent. The ones in Belgium almost always had lace (Belgian of course) adorning them. And I loved them all and would have taken a great many more of them home in pixel form if we hadn't been hurtling through the country-side at such insane speeds!!!

Let me tell you about the driving in Belgium. It's even nuttier than France and France is not for wimps either, believe me. That's what I loved about Germany so much. They are a rule following nation and if the speed limit says 120 kmph, then that's what they're driving.

In Belgium it seems like the posted speed limits are merely a suggestion.

For seniors.

If you're not going WELL over the posted limit you can be sure there will be a hotheaded driver hanging off your bumper! So it's either pick-it-up or get off the road.

So.

Many fewer photos of lovely, quaint windows and doors than I would have liked. But here are a few of my faves.

Comments

  1. Oh those windows & doors are so beautiful!! I can't wait to see more pics of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh! I LOVE those photos, Norine!! I have a "door" folder and a "window" folder of pictures from my trip to the UK... still haven't done a LO about them, but I will, eventually! Can't wait to see more of your beautiful pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok im jealous of this post. i want a post like this on my blog. feel free to invite your children along next time. or maybe you dont love us anymore..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts