Trend Watch....

One thing you can count on in the scrapbooking industry is that trends change as quickly as the seasons so it's always interesting to see what scrappers are loving at the moment. And I do mean moment, cuz that's as long as some trends seem to last, whether it's fashion, music or scrapbooking techniques and product!
Not that I'm complaining!!
I prefer my change to come in small, non-earth-shattering doses!!

With that in mind, I issued a challenge at Love is in the Details today. The challenge is to take from some of the current trends showcased on my layout and use the ones you like on a card or layout of your own.
I love banners. Admittedly, as trends go, that one is nearly a grandfather, but no matter, I still love them. So I used some. Cut them out of burlap and machine stitched them down.
And then there's hexagons. Love them to heck. And I just found some old discontinued hex punches on ebay from Creative Memories. I guess they were hot long time ago and have come 'round again!

You may have noticed too, there's a lot of splotchy mist spray being done. Kinda like that look too!

So there you go. What trends do you love and what do you absolutely refuse to put on your layouts, lol?!

Comments

  1. Love your page with the multi media fonts going on there!! & there's a hexagon punch out, i'l have to look out for those, ive not done the hexagon thing yet but i do love the look ppl are popping out!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts