More Memory Box love...

These dies by Memory Box are quickly becoming my favorites!  Party for their cool designs that stand out from the crowd somehow, and partly for how well they work!  Form and function all in one.  How about that!

The Lovely Peony is a set of two dies and when I got them from Lori at Love is in the Details, I couldn't wait to try them out!  Interestingly enough, what I ended up creating is nothing at all like what I'd first envisioned.  That ever happen to you?

So anyway.  Here's what I made.  Three cards.  First one, pretty straight forward with a cream metallic paper from Paper Creations and the outline cut from the same paper but in gold.  Subtle metallic is very pretty.  And it makes me happy.  Also, some matching Candi dots in the same subtle metallic.


Then I tried cutting these dies with vellum and a cheesecloth type of fabric and layering them up.  Doesn't come close to all the layers of a real peony, but it's a start!  And it remains flat enough to stick in the mail with no extra postage needed!


Finally I did one with layers of vellum where I colored on the underside of the top layer with my Copic markers.  You get a very soft result by coloring on the back side and no particular coloring talent is needed.  That's my kind of craft!


 Thanks for stopping by today!




Comments

  1. Beautiful cards and all quite different even though you have used the same flower die for all three. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE these Norine! I really didn't like the dye until I saw it used now. THANK YOU FOR SHARING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWSERS you have been a busy crafting bee. Love how you created each of your cards with the same flower die, yet each are stunningly individual
    Have a great weekend,

    Lou
    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts