Birds of a Feather...

I'm playing catch up today after having gone missing again the last two weeks!

This layout was posted at Love is in the Details a bit ago and I wanted to show it to you here too.  I used a photo that I found way back in a dark corner of the archives; the littlest duckling here is now a tall 21 year old!  Not sure when that happened.

Incidentally, the idea for this design of multi-sized squares and rectangles came from a product logo I saw on a transport truck on the highway as I traveled the nation this summer.  I think the product it was delivering was dairy but I can't remember for sure.  And I knew I'd forget it completely if I didn't jot it down.  Only thing I had to write on was a little WetNap package.  Truly!
Anyway, I'm kinda pleased with how it translated.
I used the sweet and pretty Shabbylicious line from FabScraps available here.
To that, I added a Prima metal frame, flowers leaf and wire stems, as well as some DoCrafts buttons and a paper doily.  

The feather I picked up on my daily walk and incorporated it into the title. 
And this lovely white laser cut comes from Blue Fern Studios, also available here.  I love their die cuts in their natural state, but for this layout I need it to be white, so I covered the surface with embossing ink and white embossing powder.  After I heat embossed it, I dipped it again into the white powder and layered up the emboss a couple of times for a really solid enamel finish.  
Thanks for stopping by today!

Comments

Popular Posts