Super Cute Raisin Boat!

A couple of weeks ago the Mesa Stamp Show came to town, and I go every year thinking I have enough stamps, and inks, and embossing folders and dies.  But I better go, just to make certain of that.  Sure enough, I usually discover something I've missed in past searches.  That ever happen to you?

This time, I discovered a new vendor to the show!  Of course, it was just as the show was closing and I was headed out the doors!  GAH!!  I'm not a good shopper under pressure.  I end up buying it ALL OF THE THINGS!  And yes, I came away with three of their stamps sets and many of the supplies needed to use said stamp sets.  But c'mon.  Raisin Boat?  How could I not??  SO cute!

The following week was Stamp Club and I needed to make and bring 8-10 cards for our exchange.  Obviously they needed to be created using my new faves.  The theme was "jump for joy" and I decided the "pop"corn set fit the criteria, even if loosely.  

I made a few each of these three designs.  What I love most is how great they look in such a quick and simple format!  The MOST fun though, is the puff paint.  I haven't used this stuff since making kids' tshirts back in 1988 (or so) and had totally forgotten it's existence.  You apply it, let it dry overnight and then use a heat gun the next day to "puff" it up!  I used Copics to color both the images and the popcorn.

 The stamp sets each have 3-4 images and about a dozen sentiments to go with.  This root beer float was part of the popcorn set.  
Thank goodness for new discoveries, right??

Thanks for stopping by today!

Comments

  1. Theese card are so cool!
    Have a wonderful weekend :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts