Mini Albums with Chipboard

Oh wow.  How has it taken this long to discover that I actually love multi-media-mess-making!?  These projects I'm showing you today have kind of opened up a whole new world to me!  A world of paste and metallic acrylic and stencils and heat tools, and gesso and dimensional materials!!

These two albums were samples made for the recent spring crop held by Love is in the Details, to demonstrate ways to use the Lasered Edge chipboard I've been designing.  I cut the chipboard covers, painted them inside and out, front and back with 3 different colors of paint, overlapping and running into each other to blend.

Then I covered the surface with random stamps, a few layers of washi tape and then muted the whole thing with a watered down coat of gesso.  After that, I colored some modeling paste with yellow paint and used the Tim Holtz rays stencil to create the raised design.  Before the paste dried, I dropped chunky glitter and micro beads into.  I did the same with the chipboard title.  It has a coat of gold spray paint and then a coat of heat embossed UTEE.  As the UTEE cooled, I dropped more glitter onto it's surface and reheated to secure the debris.  
 Then some Prima flowers and leaves (with the edges touched with gesso), some cheesecloth and good strong Helmar Quick Dry adhesive and assembled the works!

This album cover is much the same, with the exception of the modeling paste. After painting, stamping and washi-ing the cover, I blotted Versamark ink through a couple of different stencils and heat embossed with silver embossing powder. 
 The chipboard title is rubbed with Viva Decor Inka Gold in green, silver and hematite.  The embellishments I added to this one include the Prima leaves and flowers, some seam binding ribbon, a metal feather and a real one and again, some cheesecloth.

Thanks for stopping by again today!

Comments

Popular Posts