An experiment and some Copic play….

I'm up today at Love is in the Details, and this is what's going on over there.  Two cards.

This first, is the result of an experiment to see how well the first 3 months of Tim Holtz's Colors-of-the-Month play together.  

I smooshed the three colors, Cracked Pistachio, Abandoned Coral and Mermaid Lagoon, onto a craft sheet and used a wet paint brush to water color onto watercolor paper.  These distress inks are great for that technique!

I found that both the blue and green should keep their distance from red (as with any medium).  The mixed result is unappetizing.  However blue and green are quite lovely together and as long as they border but don't mix with, the blue and green, you'll have a very pretty combo.  Here is the card I made with the watercolored piece.


Next up is a card I made so that I could play with my new PoppyStamps Teacup Stack die.  


I picked these yummy colors to justify all the time I spend on Pinterest pinning food and flowers and decorating and color scheme pins!  Feel free to click that link and follow my board; I'm adding to it often.


I adhered the die cut to some Neenah Solar white card stock because that's the best paper to use with Copic markers.  10 out of 9 Drs recommend Neenah Solar White Cardstock to their coloring patients.  Oh yes, and I bust into my new My Mind's Eye, On Trend paper pad.  Gold foil dots.  The stamped sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp - Absolutely Delightful.


Thanks for stopping by today.  Now who would like a cuppa tea?


Comments

Popular Posts