Peace and Tranquility….

….something that means different things to each of us.  I can find mine in a number of physical places that include our cottage/lake spot up north, or between the fresh clean sheets in an empty house (that would be my empty house, not any empty house.  That would just be weird).


But also in the gardens at The Huntington in California, where I visited last year with two girlfriends.  It was Camellia season and those girls were putting on their freshest faces forward!


And then the Japanese gardens.  There is a culture that has the embodiment of Peace and Tranquility figured out.  The 10 year old in me wanted to run across the evenly raked pebbles leaving my careless footprints behind, but the adult reigned instead.  And just sat….and breathed….in….and out….


I did a fun thing for this layout, as a token to the Camellia.  I die cut this floral design from the Cut Shoppe, with my Silhouette, but I used the negative pieces rather than the positive.  Kinda like that effect.

I also machine stitched one of the ampersands in the title portion at the top to tie it to the machine stitched title words.


And how appropriate is it that I would use the Paper Camellia kit club October kit for a page about Camellias?!  

Thanks for stopping by today!


Comments

Popular Posts