Batik stamping...

Playing some more catch up here…

A few weeks back (while still at the cottage in Canada) I got out the mess-making supplies to try a fun technique that would remind you of batik fabric.  

I started by stamping and clear heat embossing some leaf images onto card stock.


Then I decided to try die cutting some leaf designs and applying embossing ink through the openings, stencil-like.  


Then I chose a variety of inks in different color combinations and applied them with a sponge applicator, creasing the paper and adding more stamped, embossed images between each color, building up the layers of color and design.




Not happy to stop at just one, I needed to try some other colors on both white and kraft card stock.





Here are the finished cards that I posted on the Love is in the Details blog.





I quite like this technique and I suspect I'll be doing it again!  Thanks for stopping by today! 





Comments

  1. These cards are all gorgeous. I came to your blog looking for the second card that I saw on Pinterest--lovely. However, my favorite one here is the one on kraft cardstock; the colors are stunning, and it has a dramatic feel to it. Thank you for sharing the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fascinating technique! So effective, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. All so beautiful and interesting. You have inspired me - must give it a try sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look and such pretty cards with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE them all!! I'm definitely trying this for myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everybody, I'm new to The Velvet Lemon . I kept finding cards I loved that originated here so I decided I better join! I'm finally getting around to trying the faux batik technique but I have a couple of questions. Did you clear emboss every leaf print as you went and if so, how did you get color on some of them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am new to distress ink stamping. I love your design and technique. I had question on the stencil part. Did you stamp over the embossed section ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Beautiful! Do you have a video? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts