A Discovery and a Discovery!

Not along the lines of Columbus and the New World or anything, but still, my world was a little bit rocked!  

Last summer I packed up all my worldly goods (if by worldly goods, it is understood I mean, all my scrappy supplies that I can not contemplate going a whole summer without) and began the trek north.  I drove and drove and DROVE under miles of hot sun beating down.  I had air conditioning so I was ok.  My Rubbermaid (uppercase R with the circle around it) bin with stuff like jars of InkaGold were not.  The plastic jars totally melted and shriveled and the paste inside totally dried up! I was so disgusted I threw them all away.

Very shortly after, I was together with like-minded paper and glue people and the subject came up.  I was interested to learn that by adding water to the paste and sealing it tight (in a different container, obvs) I could reconstitute it!  *Cue the sequence of the return to the cottage and frantic tearing open and pawing through a large trash bag.  Turns out?  This works.

Next discovery!  When you add MORE water to the soft InkaGold paste, and smear it on an acrylic surface, you can totally use it as paint!  So I did.


I used a Catherine Scanlon Art Gone Wild stamp (Peonies) and a fairly limited paint palette of the InkaGold colors I own.  A couple of greens, a pink, red and peach.  You don't need a lot.


It's hard to capture the glimmer in the photo, but in real life, it's totally worth sifting through broken egg shells and fish guts for discarded pots of paintable happiness.  Totally.  


Thanks for stopping by today!  This post has been brought to you by the word "totally"!  You're welcome.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts