In Memory of...

Of all the myriad ways of honoring the memory of a loved one, now departed, this one might be my favorite!  Of course, I have Madame Pinterest to thank for it.  I'd never have come up with the idea on my own.  I don't think.  


So after my dad passed away last year, I asked my mom for his plaid shirts.  But anything that was still wearable had already been donated to the care home where he spent the last 7 months of his life, so that was that I thought.  



Recently though, she discovered a large bag of his summer shirts that were stored....waiting for....yes, summer!  And there were exactly the right number of them!  One for each of his grandchildren. 



Most of them I turned into pillows, complete with existing pocket for kleenex, remote, notes, whatever, but 2 I turned into aprons.  SO dang cute I can't stand it. 



What I particularly love, is that when I filled them (with pillows that aren't actually meant to fit them) they made the button pull a little, just like always happened when my dad wore them himself! 



Oh and bee tea dubs?  That recipe written on the chalk painted wall is for the Olive Garden salad dressing.  

You're welcome.


  

Comments

  1. OH, this is so nice! To have grandpa's shirts as a pillow! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kim! I appreciate your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious way to keep your Dad near. I may have to consider this! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious way to keep your Dad near. I may have to consider this! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious way to keep your Dad near. I may have to consider this! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts