Little Stinkers....

Hello friends!  I'm up on the Jane's Doodles blog today and I wanted to share those cards with you here as well!

Jane's Doodles is branching out into the realm of steel dies, and we recently received the first ones to try - the dies that coordinate with with the Stinks stamp set.  


I decided to try some off-the-edge die cutting, where you only run PART of the die through the Big Shot.  For this first card, that was the outside edges on the right and left.  I stamped and fussy cut the clouds (from Home Sweet Home) (and wished that there were also some cloud dies)!  


With this technique, it's better to do the die cutting first and then stamp the shape that remains.  To trim the cardstock piece after die cutting it, you only need to line up a metal straight edge from top to bottom aligning where the die stopped cutting, and then cut away the rest with an Xacto knife.


For the background of this card I repeated some of the same stamps with Versamark ink and clear embossing powder.



This card I made for a friend who has just received a serious health diagnosis.  I used some Mama Elephant alphabet stamps to create my own specific sentiment.  The skunks go so perfectly with it, I think!


Both of these cards were stamped onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock, and colored with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers and a water brush to blend.  I used some Lawn Fawn 6x6" paper for the background because it was nice and subtle but added a bit of interest.


Thanks for coming, have a wonderful day!

Comments

  1. I just bought this same set along with her cake set. I have a vision of outdoor birthday cards in my mind. I like how you colored them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts