Spellbinders Fishing Trip...

Hello friends!  Last summer when we went up to our cabin at the lake, Mr B put his little plane on floats for the first time.  He learned to land and take off on water and the horizons expanded exponentially!  Our lake is small, has a lot of cabins on it, and has been fished out over the years, but we're surrounded by 1000's of other lakes, and MOST of them are inaccessible by roads.  Which makes them prime for fishing.  We would pack a lunch and our gear and fly in any direction, but mostly north, land on a lake and proceed to catch fish like we've never done before!  We went through so much mayonnaise making tartar sauce for our fish feeds....I'm almost embarrassed to admit it.  

Spellbinders recently also sent me the Fishing Trip Die D-Lites to showcase and share!  So all I could think of with these dies was the fish just lining up to get a bite of our lines!
  For the first card, I die cut 5 fish and watercolored them to look like...well...lake trout...sure, that's what we'll go with!  I actually can't hardly tell one species from the next, so lake trout sounds good!  I speckle-painted them with grey to add some realism and sketchily outlined them with a Copic liner pen.  Next I die cut a circle window from a panel of watercolor paper, splatter painted it with all the colors I'd used to paint the fish, then popped it up with foam tape, over top another panel that was watercolored with all the colors of the depths of the lake, then stamped with seaweed images from Memory Box Fish Tails, and a sentiment from the Mama Elephant Scripty Birthday stamp set.


Then I adhered the swimming fish around the circle opening and finished the card with some clear sparkling sequins.


The next card is similar to the one above, but with reversed die cut layers.  I started with a card panel of watercolor paper that I ink blended with Ranger Distress Ink in the Mermaid Lagoon color, and a waves stencil from Simon Says Stamp.  Then I spritzed it lightly with water, using the Ranger spritzer bottle, and daubed off the color as it dried.  I faintly outlined some of the water splatters to make them look like bubbles, and added more lines to the waves with my Copic multi-liner pen.  On another piece of watercolor paper I lightly traced where the fish openings were, and painted those shapes in a loose approximation of some other kind of deep sea fish.


Then I mounted the die cut panel onto the fish-painted panel with foam tape, and again, sketchily outlined the fish with the Copic multi-liner pen using the die cut openings as a guide.  I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment from the Memory Box Fish Tails stamp set, machine stitched over the black cardstock sentiment flag and adhered it to the card front.  Finally, I added a few acrylic raindrops for more "bubbles".  


Thank you very much, to Spellbinders for generously sending me this fun product to play with!  

Have a great week!



SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

Comments

Popular Posts