Quilted and Gingham....

Hi, hello!  Today I have these cards that I made for today's Butterfly Reflections Ink blog post, and I'm sharing them with you here as well!


I used the floral layering stamp set from Altenew called Story of Us to stamp the flowers and leaves with my Altenew Crisp Dye inks, particularly the Red Cosmos and Tea Party color sets for the flowers and  Frayed Leaf, Minty Mint, Forest Glade and Moss for the leaves.


I stamped twice with the Many Thanks stamp from The Stamp Market, first on the gingham card panel and then onto the stamped flower itself.  Then I layered the flower with foam tape to give some dimension.  I felt the card was somewhat visually weighted towards the bottom left and I wanted to balance that a little better so I added a partial border of machine stitching with black thread and some black enamel dots to accomplish that.


For the card above, I began by die cutting some white card stock with the Lawn Fawn Quilted Backdrop die and layering it overtop of some matching colored card stock so it would show through the holes.  The Thinking of You sentiment is 4 layers of card stock die cut using the Altenew Thinking of You die.  I stamped all the layers of the floral stamp with the Tea Party ink series from Altenew and then fussy cut everything out, layering leaves and bloom under the sentiment.  Once again, I added some machine stitching and black enamel dots to finish everything.  

Thanks again for stopping by!  Have a marvelous day!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts