Spellbinders, Debi Adams Friends of a Feather....

Hey, hello friends!

I'm back today with the last installment in this week's Spellbinder's Guest Blogger posts with the Debi Adams Perfect Match Collection.  Today's cards feature the stamp and die set called Friends of a Feather from the Debi Adams Perfect Match Collection from Spellbinders.


I think these images and sentiments make perfect encouragement and affection cards, with their cute and simple line drawings and amusing puns!


I began creating both of today's cards by die cutting a circle and a square from Eclipse masking paper.  For this card, I placed the circle part of the mask, the positive portion onto the card panel where I wanted the design to be left unstamped.  Then I used the two small leaf stamps in the set to fill in the surrounding background by stamping with Simon Says Intense black ink, which is Copic-friendly.  I colored all the leaves with Copic markers but left the background white.  Next, I die cut a circle frame from kraft cardstock with two of the nesting dies from the Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles Small dies.  I drew a stitched line around the frame with a Copic Multiliner pen.  Then I stamped the Toucan and an assortment of hearts onto Neenah Solar White cardstock and colored those with Copic markers, and finally die cutting them.  I also die cut the same shapes from some white fun foam in order to pop up the colored images onto the card panel.  I trimmed the panel 1/8" narrower on each side than an A2 sized card and adhered it to a card base.


For the sentiment, I stamped with Versamark ink on black card stock and heat embossed with white embossing powder before cutting it into a banner and adhering it to the card front.


For this card, I placed the positive masked paper square onto the card where I wanted the colored portion to be, then placed the outside, negative portion down around it.  I did it this way, because I found that positioning the outside/negative part of the mask was difficult to eyeball accurately to be centered and straight.  Then I removed the center portion and filled it with the same little leaf stamps that I used on the card above.  I colored the leaves and the background with Copic markers and before removing the masking paper, I used the edges to draw a line around the square with a Copic Multiliner pen.


Next, I positioned and stamped the two sentiments, one at a time, using the Copic-friendly Simon Says Intense black ink.  I then stamped the Toucan again, with a few more heart images, colored them with Copics and die cut them along with a few fun foam shapes to layer with them.  I glued all the hearts and the Toucan to the card front and then adhered that to a card base.  Pretty CAS with a little pop of color!


I want to thank Spellbinders again for their generosity with product and their kindness in inviting me to create and share their products here with you!  It's been a pleasure working with these stamps and dies, and I have several more that I didn't have time to use and show you, but watch for those sometime in future.

Thank you so much for popping by today!

SaveSaveSaveSave

Comments

Popular Posts